2019 La Releve Event
19 Jul, 2019, Friday
|Posted In: Games today guelphringette.ca||Tags: Games Kids Ringette|
Dear Ringette Ontario Member,
The 2019 La Releve event will take place from July 25th to 28th. The event provides an opportunity for athletes, coaches and officials to enter the high performance sphere. Athletes will get a glimpse of the requirements and the lifestyle they can expect should they wish to pursue the high performance pathway.
Ringette Ontario will nominate 7 athletes including 1 goaltender to attend the event while Ringette Canada will have 60 skaters and 8 goalies from provinces around the country at the event.
To be eligible for La Relève 2019, a female athlete:
● Must be born in 2003; and
● Played on an A or AA team for the 2018-19 season;
● Must be a member in good standing with her club association and an athlete in good standing with Ringette Canada;
● Must be eligible to represent Canada in World Championship. This requires that an athlete be a citizen of Canada.
The registration fee for this event will be $500 per athlete. Please note that travel and accommodation will be the responsibility of the individual athlete for the duration of the event. Once selected each athlete will be provided with a jersey, daily lunch & post-activity recovery snacks while on site, in addition to ice time and classroom sessions.
● Location: Sherwood Park, July 25-28, 2019
● Arena: Millenium Place: 2400 Premier Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta
● Event Start Time: 4pm on Thursday, July 25th
● Event End Time: no later than 6pm on Sunday, July 28th
If you are interested in attending this event you must submit your intent via the
2019 La Releve Event link by March 22, 2019.
Details on selection criteria will be released to athletes who submit intent by Tuesday March 26th.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Karla Xavier at email@example.com.
The Ringette Ontario Team